Friday, September 16, 2011

Weird Al

The last time I saw Weird Al Yankovic live was in 2004 and I remember thinking there was a load of kids at that gig so it's only right I schlepped 40 miles down to Puyallup with my own six years later to see him again.
I love Weird Al ! I know pop satire can be a bit of an easy target but Mr Yankovic is such a keen observer of the insanity of life I can't help but like him.
He's a bit of a Dorian Grey figure too - in between songs while he was getting changed he ran self referencing clips from various sitcoms / quiz/talk shows commercials and films , some of which dated back more than I'd care to remember yet he looks younger than he did in the 80's
Sorry the photos are lame - you should have been there.





Never really wanted one of the devils dawdles myself but maybe the one at 1.08 is tempting me.

No comments: