Friday, April 9, 2010

The Only Notes That Really Count.....

....Are The Ones That Come in Wads.
I was saddened to hear this morning that Malcom McLaren had met his maker.
While I was slightly too young to be into The Sex Pistols in their heyday , I was 14 when I first clocked the video for Buffalo Galsand that was it. Life Changing.
He is one of the few people I have ever felt truly inspired by.
When I worked at Jean Charles De Castelbajac in the mid 90's I was one afternoon summoned to his office to show what I had been working on. Upon entering his office I did a double (dutch) take as I saw Mr McLaren sitting there , I then rather nervously presented my designs to them both. I would love to say he liked them but he didn't , at least said why he didn't like them.

Do ya like scratching ?
Yes I do.

No comments: